Learn to communicate accurately within your culture through DiSC®. DiSC® profiles boast a 98% accuracy rate in showing you how an individual prefers to be communicated with. That accuracy rate can make it much easier to communicate more effectively with your staff. DiSC® is a definitive tool in measuring the strengths and challenges your team may be facing. Each profile offers solid and effective strategies to successfully address differences.
What Behavior Types May Reveal About Your Staff
Ever wonder why one of your employees is so chatty, while another hardly says a word? Or why one of your managers is constantly reminding you of a project they need your help on? Well, it could just be their behavioral preferences. Understanding employees behavior types can go a long way in improving staff interaction and communication. For example, I have witnessed this first hand in my work with the Continuing Education department at Lane Community College in Eugene, OR. The school brought me in to do a workshop to help employees determine their own behavior types, as well as that of their co‐workers. They were all surprised at the results, and even more surprised to learn how to adapt their style to influence another’s. Employees completed a DiSC® analysis in advance, and participated in various activities during the workshop to illustrate the importance of knowing a person’s behavioral type. We emphasize how with even just a few hours of consultation, employees begin treating each other better, disagreements decrease and there is less internal conflict.
Understanding Preferred Behaviors
The DiSC® assessment is a test that categorizes people’s preferred behaviors as being strongest in one of four areas – dominance, influence,
steadiness and conscientiousness. Knowing an employees’ behavioral profile can be vital in helping employers and co‐workers predict how a person will approach their work and relationships. It is an even more vital tool in determining the best approach to improve the communication in your workplace.
DISC® Profiles Open The Doorway To
- Understanding your behavior style and how it affects others
- Identifying often misunderstood behaviors, reactions, responses, motivations, tendencies, and preferences
- Examining your reactions to other people’s behaviors
- Developing and sustaining a positive attitude about yourself and others
- Adapting your behavior to bring about positive outcomes
- Maximizing your strengths and reducing conflict
- Valuing individual differences
- Identifying effective leadership qualities
Taking a DiSC® Profile Will Provide
- Ways to dramatically improve communication between yourself and others
- Ideas to ease long time frustration because you understand why others act and think so differently – wow, what a difference!
- A resource to resolve conflict at its source
- More harmony into your workplace as you practice these principles
- Surefire ways to increase workplace productivity because you know who to assign what to, and how to ask them
- The best ways to quickly identify the needs of others and determine the easiest way to adapt to them
- Practical ways to build positive outcomes and strengthen any relationships you may need or want to improve
Dramatically improve the culture of your company through DiSC® training
Myers-Briggs vs DiSC® Assessments
The Myers-Briggs assessment was originally designed to show dysfunctions in human behavior. DiSC® is not about your dysfunction, it talks about your preferred environments and methods of controlling your environment. It is simple, you can easily see a different style and you can adapt quickly. This is NOT about labeling, it IS about learning how to approach others in a respectful and thoughtful way, one that will help you both get more of what you want in life. I welcome you to download the whole report for the in-depth results. Download Myers-Briggs vs DiSC® Comparison Report
About Inscape Publishing
Inscape Publishing, Inc., headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a leading developer of DiSC®-based corporate training and assessment solutions. Over 30 years ago, Inscape pioneered the DiSC® assessment—bringing it out of the textbook and into the workplace. Inscape recently launched Everything DiSC®, its third-generation applications that combine online assessment, classroom facilitation, and post-training follow-up reports to create powerful, personalized workplace development experiences. With a global network of nearly 1800 independent distributors, (Communicate with CLASS, Inc. is one of those distributors) Inscape’s solution-focused products are used in thousands of organizations, including major government agencies and Fortune 500 companies. Every year, more than a million people worldwide participate in programs that use an Inscape assessment. Inscape products have been translated into 30 different languages and are used in 70 countries.
“It was very helpful to learn a bit more about my operational style, my colleagues styles and how we can use this information to better develop our organization. It is so easy to put a group together, cross our fingers and hope for the best. With this new information and your encouragement, I expect our group to really work towards better communication.” — Bernice Jones, Executive Board Member, Cascadia Concert Opera